Dining & Entertainment
Why fight the crowds for weekend dining on Lake Hopatcong?
Offerings range from casual to fine dining, plus an extensive selection of wines, beers and liquors. There is :
- Midweek fine dining on Wednesdays in July & August (July 6th through August 31st). Quietly elegant, delicious and relaxing. Reservations are likely to be in high demand again this summer.
- A Poolside menu and a fully stocked bar on weekends.
- Weekend breakfast/brunch and lunch menu, with beer and wine, served on the dining balcony, with a panoramic Lake Hopatcong vista.
- Poolside snacks available 7 days a week.
- Poolside dining events, accompanied by music, dancing and all kinds of activities.
- Family picnics feature a hearty barbeque menu by the pool for Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day. Children’s entertainment and activities keep everyone busy at these family affairs.
- Event dining and casual evening dining on Fridays and Saturdays.
“Superchef” Jake Stank has been cooking on and around Lake Hopatcong for over 15 years, from Patrick’s Pub to The Mountain Lakes Club. Working in local restaurants as a teenager, he’s always had a passion for good food. A love of science sent him first to the University of Massachusetts for a chemical engineering degree. Yet he still surrounded himself with food, working as the weekend chef at a campus sorority house. Now with a more analytical approach and years of experience, he has a unique style of cooking that is modern, precise, and delicious. Crafting custom dishes and menus for every occasion, Chef Jake aims to bring the dining experience at the Garden State Yacht Club to a higher level, and to make Summer of 2022 the best one yet!
We offer a fantastic variety of year-round entertainment and activities.
The variety and creativity of events keeps members coming back every weekend. See top quality comedians, cabaret singers or tribute bands. Annual galas, an outrageous Halloween costume party, and a close-to-home New Year’s Eve are GSYC traditions.
Year-round entertainment is crafted by our member-led committee to appeal to the varied interests of our members. Favorite activities include wine & food tastings, Broadway show trips, foreign film nights, car rally, children’s activities and the annual lake Scavenger Hunt.
The GSYC Ladies Club is a friendly, active and fun-loving group that get together all year round. In summer, there’s weekly luncheons, card games, book club, and programs. “Shop ‘Til You Drop,” our annual boutique vendor fundraising luncheon, has returned.
Off-season, there’s cooking demos, movie & tv talks, an autumn foliage spa get-away and more. Our focus is on having fun and spending time with friends. There’s something for everyone at the GSYC Ladies, so we welcome you to join us!
There is also a GSYC men’s group that meets each week at the docks and boats to lunch at all the various lake restaurants.
GSYC members have various groups for men and women that golf every week in the summer and fall at nearby golf courses.
The GSYC can be the an exciting destination to hold lakeside, poolside or other off-season private or business events from Labor Day thru Memorial Day with some midweek summer dates available.
The panoramic view of Lake Hopatcong is an amazing and unique backdrop for catered weddings, anniversary, celebrations and meetings. GSYC members enjoy discounted facility rental.
For additional details, please contact us.